In the Forgotten Gods expansion, the player will journey beyond the bounds of the Erulan Empire, traversing burning sands, lush oases and volcanic wastes to reach the sun beaten ruins of a city with secrets that should never have been disturbed. The flames of a forgotten god have been rekindled, sending ripples through the Eldritch realm and sowing terror even among the Witch Gods themselves.
- A brand new game mode - The Shattered Realm. Make your way through endless and ever more challenging maps to Earn unique rewards and mountains of loot.
- A new Mastery - the Oathkeeper.
- Additional skill/attribute points
- Mobility Skills - available through Rune Augments, a new category of enchantments applied to Medals.
- A massive new story chapter with new environments.
- Difficulty Merits - after unlocking Elite or Ultimate difficulty, Merits can be purchased from a vendor in Forgotten Gods to allow new characters to skip Elite and/or Ultimate.
- Transmutation - Visit the Inventor to reroll your duplicate Set Items to create new Set Pieces from the same set or entirely different sets.
- Four new Factions.
- Nine new Constellations.
- The ability to transfer Iron between characters. Iron bars can be purchased then placed in the transfer stash to be used by another character.
- Hundreds of new Items - Dozens of new Monster Infrequents and Hundreds of Epic and Legendary items, including 12 new sets. including one exclusive to the game's Roguelike dungeons and another to the Shattered Realm!
- Expanded Stash - Forgotten Gods adds an additional Personal and Transfer Stash Tab.
- Dozens of new enemy creatures, Bosses, and a new Nemesis.