Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
Build 14 is an update that was released on November 4, 2013. Beyond various fixes and balancing adjustments, this update included an optional "classic" targeting scheme, primarily designed for playing ranged builds.
v0.2.0.0 (b14) changes
- Default mouse control scheme changed to lock onto targets when attacking and moving.
- Previous click and hold mouse control scheme is now available as an option ("Classic Targeting" = off).
- Fixed a bug where attempting to move to the player location would result in strange movement.
- Fixed a bug where characters with no specific death behavior would remain visible.
- Fixed a bug where death effects were sometimes not played.
- Fixed a bug where corpses would not dissolve when offscreen.
- Fixed a bug where some buff effects would show a partial cooldown on their status icons.
- Loot drop rates have been adjusted to even out the distribution of powerful items. The intent is to have rare items dropping more consistently without creating all-or-nothing situations that leave some players feeling satisfied and others wishing for better drop rates.
- 5 one-shot chests have been added to the world to encourage exploration.
- Fixed an issue where Direni would stand idle for several seconds before attacking when players chose the hostile resolution.
- Fixed an issue where Direni would transition to combat without preserving his original facing.
- Fixed an issue with Poison and Bleed Duration Reduction attributes being incorrectly added to displayed resistance values or resetting the respective resistance to 0 (based on which item was equipped first).
- Loot orbs can no longer be broken by monsters.
- Occultist: Added -%physical damage to Curse of Frailty and -DA to Vulnerability.
- Zombie Fire Soldiers - they exist...
- Zombies should occasionally spawn in more fire / poison oriented packs.
- Reduced skill reclamation cost.
- Reduced time before animation interrupt is allowed on gun attacks to improve kiting responsiveness.
- Balancing adjustment to various enemies.
- Minor increase to breakable object (barrels, crates, etc) drop rates.
v0.2.0.1 (b14) changes
- Fixed a bug where some resource types were not unloaded correctly when no longer used.
- Fixed a memory leak when loading navigation data.
- New crash reporter.
v0.2.0.3 (b14) changes
- Fixed a bug where proxies would always spawn the maximum number of monsters in their range.
- Fixed an exploit involving item granted skills which allowed the skill cooldowns to be bypassed.
- Occultist: Small increase to top levels of Solael's Witchfire damage.
- Demolitionist: Small increase to top levels of Fire Strike.
- Nightblade: Pneumatic Burst pierce decreased to account for the increase in pierce bonus from Cunning.
- Soldier: Reduced physical damage of Forcewave.
- Reworked a buff on Viloth that wasn't well telegraphed but giving him a significant boost in damage.
- Armor physical damage absorption decreased for both players and enemies.
- Enemy physical damage has been scaled down to compensate.
- More health potions will drop in the first few levels to allow players to build a small stock at a time when the price of buying them is still prohibitive.
- Probability to hit and OA / DA formulas, along with enemy attribute, OA and DA values have been adjusted again to smooth out some scaling issues.
- The amount of OA/DA derived from 1 point of Cun/Phy has been lowered from 0.66 to 0.5. This affects enemies as well as players, so it won't mean a reduction in player effectiveness. It will increase the value of OA/DA gains from skills and gear.
- Most importantly, we are pleased to announce what is perhaps the crowning feature in Grim Dawn: player long johns! You will now start with pants that you can remove to expose totally styling long johns. In all seriousness though, the main purpose of this was to provide starting leg armor to help reduce the early armor to damage curve.
v0.2.0.4 (b14) changes
- Bumped up loot drop rate across all enemies.
- Increased champion pool spawn rate to compensate for previous fix.
- Increased base physical damage to bring it back up a little from the previous reduction and added small chance for "extra hard" hits to make damage a little more dynamic.
v0.2.0.6 (b14) changes
- Fixed a bug where components could be applied to the wrong weapon when applying them while dual wielding.
- Fixed a bug where notes would be unreadable at low resolutions.
- Fixed a Windows XP incompatibility issue.
- Cleaned up character stats UI display.
- Slightly increased the period quest reward notifications remain on screen.
- Increased enemy base physical damage, primarily at higher levels.
- Soldier: Increased %weapon but decreased physical damage on Forcewave to provide better long-term scaling while reducing the power of maxing it out early.
- Fixed the Warden's aether trap skill.
- Added new lore items: Creed's journal entries 3 and 4, and Alister's Diary. More to come...